• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hall Of Memory

eric i just love it and like you wish it looked like that now...you are being very generous again with donating your painting for the xmas raffle...is that the 4th or 5th one??

lyn

Its 5 so far, but I'd like to give the organizer(s) one for organizing the meet (which I enjoy). Not sure whether its Vicki or Penelope or both. Yes, I can remember when it looked like that, why it was altered I do not know nor understand why. It was perfect as it was, lawns, trees, flower beds, paths and seats, what more can you want? I will probably paint a couple more, at my age I don't know how many more meets I'll be able to attend especially if I stop motoring. Eric

Eric,

That's just great and more or less how I best remember it from my time, with grass and the old Civic Centre, in which a few of my Council employee friends worked while the rest of us were in the Council House Extension in Congreve Street. :)

Maurice

Spirit of Britain one of two figures causing controversy at the Hall of Memory 1938. Viv.

697C622E-BFD9-4A2E-B333-98F10538FCBC.jpegSource: British Newspaper Archive

Back