• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Hall (John) Great Barr

jane k

master brummie
I`m hoping someone might be able to tell me more about my husband`s ancestor John Hall. He sounds a bit dodgy to me!
All I know is that he was born approx 1789 NOT in Staffordshire. He married Emily Merrington 12/6/1820 in Westminster - he was about 31 but she was only about 15!
As far as I can see they only had one child - a daughter Jane was born approx 1822 in Middlesex
According to Whites Gazeteer of Staffs, in 1834 he was "Gent" living at Barr Villa, Great Barr.
On the 1841 Census the family plus 4 servants were in Great Barr and he was a "farmer"
I have his death certficate for 21/7/1844 which says that he was a "gentleman" aged 55 who died of Dropsy in the Township of Great Barr, and the death was registered by a female servant who was present at the death.
After his death his wife went to live with their daughter in Aston until her death in 1869

Any help would be much appreciated

Back