• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • On Sunday I will be upgrading the software to the latest version this will mean downtime of approx half a day. (assuming all goes well) This has to be done as we are out of mainstream support now.

Hall Green Youth Club late 40's early 50's

philm

proper brummie kid
Anyone old enough to remember the early days of this youth club, formed not long after the war? We originally met in a large underground air raid shelter underneath the central reservation in nearby Fox Hollies Road (I wonder if it's still there?), but soon moved to Hall Green church hall where every Saturday evening there was either a film show or an entertainment on stage by talented(?) members. The Revd Chatterton was, at least in theory, in charge.

philm

Eddie 14

master brummie
philm, my wife was in that club in the early 50's along with some friends who she is still in contact with. Her name was Joan Finney in those days.
I would presume your name is Phil something.
Dave Edwards

Eddie 14

master brummie
My wife contacted her other friends from the Fellowship but unless there was a surname they do not know you. The name Pat Haywood does ring a bell with them so maybe she will respond.

Dave

philm

proper brummie kid
Thanks for the reply Dave. by the early 1950's I was in my 20's and therefore more interested in Birmingham's pubs rather than youth clubs! Which is probably why I don't recall your wife's name.