• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Halesowen Romsley Sanatorium 1974/1975

Trish de Rosa

Dear ALL<
I am trying to trace someone who was a patient at the Sanatorium at the same time as myself, recovering from TB.
At the time he was living in the Birmingham area but now he could be anywhere in the world.
The person was a male patient @ Halesowen/Romsley Convalescent Home., West Midlands during late 1974 till early 75
If anyone at that time was a patient or staff of the sanatorium, which has since been demolished , please get in touch. I would be very grateful for any info which leads to the right person. Thanks.

O K I am a year late and you probably already know this but....
The hospital was closed but not demolished; it was converted into up market apartments but still known to older Romsley residents as "The Sanny".
Whilst the sanatorium was in Worcestershire it was owned by Birmingham so records will most likely be held in Birmingham.
You can find a little more information on the Romsley & Hunnington History Society web site.

Any records which do exist from the 70s will be closed. Information such as they hold will be covered by the 100 year rule ie not available to the public (unless exceptional circumstances) for 100 years after the last entry.

Back