• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

HAIKUS

Will it never end
I hear the people saying
Enough is enough! :roll:

Happy Haikus Pom - very nice - so where are those pancake rocks then?

Water standing still
no ripples to change its form
Solitude exists

33150767XzuzAK_ph.jpg

Sue (dinnertime haikus - now back to work)

Sue this is for you
Pancake Rocks New Zealand stand
South Island West Coast

pancake.jpeg

drain.jpeg

Punakaiki Paparoa National Park West Coast South Island

is perhaps most famous for its 'Pancake Rocks' on Dolomite Point. These fascinating limestone formations put on a spectacular spouting display in certain sea conditions. The eroded rock layers look like stacks of pancakes. Water is forced by the waves into small holes, where it blows upward, making tiny geysers. The effect is best during stormy weather

PANDORA'S BOX???

Hey Chris and Sue I have never seen such a wonderful outpouring of verse. Definitely need to put your work into a booklet and find someone to illustrate or put those wonderful shots on.

Kandor - have you ever seen anything like what Sue is pouring out? I am absolutely amazed!

Smarty pants, the lot of ya.
Bet ya cant whistle "Dixie" in tripple tounge.

With petals wide open
for just one day, to show us
summer has arrived

(I know I know :-[ - but blame K8 - not me)

I know Kate..I'm going to give her such a slap one of these days. :)

Golly I really started something way back then with my post! Well done :) Haven't been keeping up with the poems - great to read them.

Standing on my farm
Cleaning out my septic tanks
Oh for some roses

is this how you do it? :D

I've just read all the other works, and this should be up there with them......don't you think?
you can include it in your book if you like Sue........no charge :2funny:

Back