• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

H V Smiths

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
Hi Guys
I am enquiring about a cake shop on the flat of lodge road hockley,
I drove up past there the other day and as you all know i live in worcester , and also i used to go to ickneild street hockley brook
as a kid and living up at spring hill which aint to far away
and doing our shopping down there with the old man whom worked at charles Hariss the bakelight moulders along with sylvia mother
we used to get bread and cakes from H,V, Smiths way back in the fiftys, and i was tottally surprized they are still there seving
so i was wondering whether or not did any body else go there
and does anybody recal them and to asked the question
are there any more H,V smiths around or is it the only surving branch in brum as i am sure there was loads of there shops around in the early years best wishes Astonian,, Alan,,,,,

Back