• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

H.P Sauce Birmingham

Cannot see how any sane person can expect £80 for the book. This seems to be another case of sellers on ebay having brainstorms. The three on Abebooks are £5-£8. Another slightly earlier, company-produced. book is "The Road to Aston Cross" by Louise Wright

Don't know if a reference to this book as been posted before or not.....the on-line price varies between £2.50 and £80.00 , I think mine is a first edition, I know I have it over 30 years ...

The True Story of H P Sauce by Landen Dinsdale Daniel Jennifer
I was intrigued by the name -names? - of the author(s?)
The name, in reverse, of Dinsdale Landen rang a bell as he was a well known actor. RAF types will remember him in Mosquito Squadron.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0484553/

Cannot see how any sane person can expect £80 for the book. This seems to be another case of sellers on ebay having brainstorms. The three on Abebooks are £5-£8. Another slightly earlier, company-produced. book is "The Road to Aston Cross" by Louise Wright
Its the money grabbers that put many, including me, off Ebay.

HP Sauce now banned from our house. I'd also ban Heinz Baked Beans, but they're better than anyone else's....

The first job-interview I ever had was for a lab-technician at HP Sauce. I could hardly breathe as they gave me a tour of the place - there was an overwhelming stench of vinegar that made me almost heave. No way could I have worked there.

Big Gee
We used to live near there and my school was also nearby. The stench used to be awful.................

Back