• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

GW Pearce & son,158 Chester St.

mw0njm.

A Brummie Dude
Battle Brand, G W Pearce & Sons Ltd., 158 Chester St., Birmingham 6, from c1900 to c1995, holloware manufacturers, makers of good copper cookware for home, commercial and industrial uses. Other metals also used.

Any one remember this company, it took over the old pashley bike building in chester st aston. it made, pots and pans kettles.
and stew pans. etc. for companies and the gov.
1549822762874.png1549822794503.png

Last edited:
cant say as i do pete but someone may....will move this thread to the factories and offices section of the forum...less likely to get swallowed up there than on general discussions

lyn

Yes I do remember this factory both my self and 2 brothers also our father worked here I was a Sheetmetalworker from 1977 to 1996 my father was a metal spinner from 1949 till 1992 fantastic place to work great work mates sorely missed.

Yes I remember it very well it was a massive part of my childhood and family life my dad was works manager and my grandad and 2 of my fathers brothers (one was meat loaf above) I worked there for most and in some cases all of their working life. I still remember the smell of the metal it was beautiful and their products on tv like morecambe and wise. They encapsulate everything about what Birmingham was when it was a city of a thousand trades.

the works manager in was peter brown the owner was his dad. peter had a triumph herald car. i was a spinner in 1967on the big hydraulic flow former the stew pan maker for a while
81MXQ94ARKL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Last edited:
Back