• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Growing Up In Brum - Roy Blakey Inspired.

lmr3103

master brummie
I lived in Witton Street, opposite Garrison Lane Park, until I was 16. I didn't appreciate how lucky we were to have that green space just over the road. From photos I see that the park is now a bit posher!

maria
Maria,

I lived in Gordon St until i was 13 and have fond memories of the fairs that came to the park!
I read that it was known as Itchycoo Park but I never knew it as that in the late 60s.

Lynn.

Maria Magenta

master brummie
Maria,

I lived in Gordon St until i was 13 and have fond memories of the fairs that came to the park!
I read that it was known as Itchycoo Park but I never knew it as that in the late 60s.

Lynn.
I remember the fairs, Lynn. I used to have picnics in the park with my sister sometimes.
I had a friend in one of the maisonettes in Gordon Street.

Maria

lmr3103

master brummie
I remember the fairs, Lynn. I used to have picnics in the park with my sister sometimes.
I had a friend in one of the maisonettes in Gordon Street.

Maria
We were at no 42. The maisonettes always seemed very old to me but I think at one time there were terraced houses there that were bombed during the war. There was still a row of terraces at the Garrison Lane end of the street.
lynn.

Maria Magenta

master brummie
We were at no 42. The maisonettes always seemed very old to me but I think at one time there were terraced houses there that were bombed during the war. There was still a row of terraces at the Garrison Lane end of the street.
lynn.
My mother lived in Gordon Street before the war, and their house was bombed - must have been one of the houses you mention. I didn't realise the maisonettes replaced them.

Maria