• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Group photos

This old photo was lost when the forum was hacked in 2011. They don't look the types to sing as they went along on their day out ,,, maybe it was a works outing ... :)
Chara.jpg
For more info and a possible district location see link ...

Allen & Smith (Electroplate) were at 264 Brearley Street in 1904, 1912 &1921.
The image is most likely from 1904, there is part of a shop at the far right of the image, in 1904 this was Thos. Sedeon (shopkpr.) at No. 266, at the later dates no shop exists at No. 266

Attachments

• 264 Brearley Street.jpg
    264 Brearley Street.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
This old photo was lost when the forum was hacked in 2011. They don't look the types to sing as they went along on their day out ,,, maybe it was a works outing ... :)
View attachment 153835
love the stretch limo.:grinning:

View attachment 153835
Interesting, men in the front, women in the back, all of course wearing hats, mainly cloches and caps.

Bob

Two brothers and the grooms father to the left. (Same ears). Doubtless the older girl to the left is groom’s sister - same eyes, Dresses are probably very late 1930s/1940s. Bouquet looks typical of 1940s style. Viv.

• Appreciate
Reactions: cba
Interesting comments, just realised that the photographers name is on the reverse.

J.T. Thursfield Small Heath..

Hello Maurice,

It could be him i suppose, as you say not a common name.

I wonder if an observer would also be taking reconnaisance photographs of the enemy positions?

AnnS..

Back