• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Group photos

In the UK double British summer time, during WW2, commenced 25th. February, 1940 and lasted until 7th. October, 1945.
July 1939, Evening Despatch...

View attachment 153036
What a great thread. Thanks for sharing some fabulous photos. Would anyone have any photos of Windsor Primary School 1953 onwards or Bloomsbury Girls School, Nechells, 1959 until closure in 1964 please? Kind regards Sue

I wonder if anyone can add any info to this Group Photo. Taken in 1936. I can make out at the bottom of the cutting, Scotland, schoolboys, match?,Villa.
My Dad is highlighted with the square around him.
Thank you.

i wonder if anyone can find the original newspaper article....great photo

lyn

I wonder if anyone can add any info to this Group Photo. Taken in 1936. I can make out at the bottom of the cutting, Scotland, schoolboys, match?,Villa.
My Dad is highlighted with the square around him.
Thank you.
CF3A81DC-0C00-4DC6-A4ED-B7F015C90C24.jpeg60A1863D-D78F-4815-A95F-AFFAEDC903C9.jpeg

Birmingham Gazette 18 May 1936, the picture in the paper is the same but poor quality. 30,000 attendance.

An old group photo from another thread
This photo appeared in a post on the forum in September 2012 with some discussion about which street it was in. The 'thunder clouds' had gathered !
index.php

This old photo was lost when the forum was hacked in 2011. They don't look the types to sing as they went along on their day out ,,, maybe it was a works outing ... :)
Chara.jpg
For more info and a possible district location see link ...

Allen & Smith (Electroplate) were at 264 Brearley Street in 1904, 1912 &1921.
The image is most likely from 1904, there is part of a shop at the far right of the image, in 1904 this was Thos. Sedeon (shopkpr.) at No. 266, at the later dates no shop exists at No. 266

Attachments

• 264 Brearley Street.jpg
    264 Brearley Street.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
This old photo was lost when the forum was hacked in 2011. They don't look the types to sing as they went along on their day out ,,, maybe it was a works outing ... :)
View attachment 153835
love the stretch limo.:grinning:

View attachment 153835
Interesting, men in the front, women in the back, all of course wearing hats, mainly cloches and caps.

Bob

Back