• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Group photos

Shall soon move the posts about Teacher Training to an appropriate thread. Viv.

Edit: the posts about Birmingham Training College have now been moved to this thread here

Last edited:
Birmingham Gazette, April 1940.

View attachment 188200
I was given several birth family photos, one uncle had 11 daughters, no sons, one had about 25 children not sure if it was 2 or 3 wives. In my family a great great aunt had umpteen children till I discovered she raised her husband's other 2 sets of children of his previous 2 wives who died,. She had at least six children and outlived him. And I am glad to have known her.

It would be really interesting to follow their life story. Are they or their families still in the Birmingham area?

As far as I can see all 3 were still alive in 2021. Georgina and Margaret married but Mary didn't. Mary was listed still living in Baldwins Lane in 2002 before having the same address (possible) as Margaret. Georgina was last listed in Coventry.

Last edited:
Back