• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Grosvenor Arms Grosvenor Street West

Alicejean 2

Researching my Birmingham past and discovered that my grt,grt, grandfather ran the above pub from1867-1883.
Have been trawling the net for any further information or images but without luck.
Can anyone help please? I do realise that the area has greatly changed! Many thanks.

There are some photos of Gosvenor St West on this thread...

...one in the final post may or may not be the Grosvenor Arms, doesn't seem to have been confirmed one way or the other.

The position of the Grosvenor Arms is shown in red on the c1889 map below. It was one of 19 pubs in the Ladywood area whose licensees were not renewed in 1913, due mainly to the "excessive number" of pubs in the area. The building referred toby MWS looks as if it is on a corner, and , if so, then cannot be the Grosvenor Arms. The photo also looks much later than 1913, so could not feature the pub as a pub
map c1889 showing Grosvenor Arms  44,46 Grosvenor st west.jpg

Back