• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

green william henry 1911?2004?

H

HENRY1882

can any one help me
i have got a bit of a dilem'ma gota date for my uncale the above name born 1911 19 oct
but have just been gaven his marriage cert from a family friend on this it gaves his age when he got marred but dont corrsponed with his date of birth on it, it says 29yrs in 1935 when he got married but cal'culateing that it gaves a date of birth 1906, and i cant say if that is true or not over the years i have all was been told my dad was the oldest in the family,he was born 1908
are there any out there who knows william h green [wife
linda may perkins]he past away 2004???? his he the same one

My Grandfather and Grandmother told lies about age when they got married. They were both under 21 but on cert 22 and23, something about permission from parents?

1911 1906

yes could be right ha?????????????????????????????zzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmy mind is alwas open to answers/???????????????????????????????????:D

Don't give up

Henry they made lots of mistakes years ago, just like we do today...Cat:)

I also had Grandparents who lied on their marriage cert',:shocked: both by 5 years each (Gran took off 5 and G/dad added 5):rolleyes: as Gran was in actual fact 10 years older than Granddad.;)

They did it just to confuse future generations like us who may be being to nosey:biggrin::D:D

Pom :angel:

Hi Henry

Do you actually have the copy Birth Certificate for your William Henry Green? There are a few William H Greens on Birth index for that quarter. Where was he born and do you know his mothers maiden name.

As Mike, Catkin and Pomgolian say you cant always go by a declared age on marriage, census or death but we could make certain he is the one shown on the register for 1911

Steve

Hi Henry

Just compare his fathers name on birth and marriage cert's, should be the same.

bren

Back