• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Green Grocer maybe called Perry's

Ray Barry

Brummie babby
A friend of mine has just died Irene Newey, her maiden name was Perry born 4th Jan 1922 ,her parents ran a green grocers in the Aston area in the 1930's and maybe beyond. She was one of 3 girls and had a brother, Sisters were Ivy and Dot brother was Ken. Does any member have any info on the family or can point me in the right direction to find out more, Many thanks.
Ray Barry

Depends on what you are after. Dates, places, maps and possibly photos, members mght be able to help with. For personal information and stories you have to be quite lucky.

Parents were Arthur Perry & Norah Marion Gardner. They were living at 8 Rogers Rd from at least 1922 to 1939.

Many thanks for this information very much appreciate it. One more little bit of information I would like to try and find out about Irene if possible, she married a man called Eric Fuller I think in about 1940/41, and they had a daughter called Barbara , she passed away about 3 years ago in South Africa. Any idea where Irene and Eric lived and for how long? I do know Eric died in about 1964. Thankyou.

All I can find is the only Irene B Perry marrying a Fuller was in June Qtr 1947 in Rugby. I cannot find any marriage registration for a Perry to a Newey. Cannot find any reg. for Barbara with mother Fuller/Newey or Perry.

Just found this one: Irene B Blount or Perry married Eric G Fuller Rugby 2q 9c 2257

Many thanks for this information very much appreciate it. One more little bit of information I would like to try and find out about Irene if possible, she married a man called Eric Fuller I think in about 1940/41, and they had a daughter called Barbara , she passed away about 3 years ago in South Africa. Any idea where Irene and Eric lived and for how long? I do know Eric died in about 1964. Thankyou.

As mentioned Irene married Allbert Blount in 1942 and then (after a divorce ?) Eric Fuller in 1947.

Albert Blount remarried in 1950.

Eric Fuller was previously married to a Lorna Cropper in 1938. Barbara was their daughter b 1941.

Eric's death was registered Walsall 1965 and it doesn't appear that they were living on Bham between 1947 and 1965 which makes it more difficult to find their residence because electoral rolls are not available online for all areas.

Last edited:
As mentioned Irene married Allbert Blount in 1942 and then (after a divorce ?) Eric Fuller in 1947.

Eric Fuller was previously married to a Lorna Cropper in 1938. Barbara was their daughter b 1941.

Eric's death was registered Walsall 1965 and it doesn't appear that they were living on Bham between 1947 and 1965 which makes it more difficult to find their residence because electoral rolls are not available online for all areas.

Thankyou very much for this, I didn't know about Albert at all. Just one more thing to square the circle so to speak, did Lorna die making Eric a widower or was it a divorce.
Th e name Newey is from her marriage to Tom Newey in 1974 at Battle registry office.

Thankyou very much for this, I didn't know about Albert at all. Just one more thing to square the circle so to speak, did Lorna die making Eric a widower or was it a divorce.
Th e name Newey is from her marriage to Tom Newey in 1974 at Battle registry office.

Quote Reply

Divorce. Lorna remarried Robert Heggie in 1948 Sutton Coldfield. Her death was registered Bolton Oct 2000.

Back