• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Great Lister Street and surrounding streets.

Thank you Phil. From the way my mother described what she saw in the 1920s, I think those images are close to how they would have looked at the beginning of the century when my grandparents lived there. It will be interesting to keep these images in my head on Friday.

Mickjee. Thank you for your post. It was my favorite sweet shop way back in the late 1940's. My gran took me there lots of times and Trouch was my favorite sweet.
Phil. I always accepted that photograph as Great Lister Street and not Bloomsbury Street

.I remember that shop selling trouch. i not seen that sweet available since:grinning:

Hi, I'm looking for any info on a tobacconist at 26 Great Lister street. Run by an Edith C Green back in 1915. Any info would be appreciated.

Back