• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

GRANELI

smudger 1940

Hello
Have had a request from a family tree searcher .who links up with my tree .its ANTONIO GRANELI born feb 22nd 1901. Stockton .Durham. died oct 1986 Birmingham. he married LILY CALVERT 1905-1967.T that's all have. would be pleased to learn more about this family. but have to be careful of possible family still living. michael

MWS

master brummie
Son of Massimo Granelli and Emida Ghiloni. They were both born n Italy and in 1901 Massimo is listed as an ice cream vendor.

Antoni and Lily had 3 children (a son & 2 daughters), all of which appear to marry and have children.

Last edited:

smudger 1940

Hi MWS
Thank you so much. did not know the ITALY part assumed from name could come from ITALY .just found possible marriage for LILYS children .will try and search the ITALY connection. michael

MWS

master brummie
It appears that Emida is sometimes listed as Amelia.

With the Granelli family in 1901 is Emida's brother John and their parents seem to be Peter Ghiloni and Gioconda Bernardini.

In 1891 the Ghiloni (listed as Gilonie) family are living George St, Leeds. Emida (listed as Amelia) is listed as being born in Florence. Peter is listed as a figure maker.

In 1901 the Ghiloni family are still in Leeds. Peter is listed as a Plaster Modeller and both Peter and Gioconda's birth place is listed as Lucca.

smudger 1940

Hi MWS.
Thank you for taking the trouble to find out all this new information .for me. its very good of you. looking after my partner of many years .does not go out at all have to do every-thing . leaves me little time to do family research . so it people like you .who help me and am thankful. will write it all down. michael