• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Grandaughters love of wolves.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
My grandaughter loves wolves and huskies so much so that she saved £20 of her pocket money to adopt a wolf. On Sunday they spent a day at the wolf sanctuary and actualy got to feed and stroke two of them. The place is just outside Bishops Castle in the middle of nowhere. I have attached some of the photo's for you to look at. TTFN. Jsean.

Jean :) my compliments to your Grandaughter, thats a lovely way to express her love of Wolves :(

Also a Well Done to the Photographer, such clear & attractive photos of these beautiful creatures,
Cheers JohnY

Ever since Jemma developed her love of these beautiful creatures I watch every programme about them that I see advertised. Last night on animal planet I watched living with wolves. It totally blew my mind and shed a tear at the end. They repeat it at different times of the day and night and would highly recommend it even if your not an animal lover. Bye. Jean.

One of the forums I like to read is about commercial pilots and the strange things they carry.
Only last night I read of a pilot on a 747 freighter who went to stretch his legs in the cargo hold. He was gone quite a while and on his return explained to the captain that one of the german shepards had got out of its crate. However after a bit of a tussle the pilot had managed to put him back in.
The captain was mystified because no one had mentioned a dog as frieght. On checking the manifest he could only find eight wolves, no dogs.
By the way as a youngster living in Clun I went to school at Bishops Castle.

Ps Nice pics.

Last edited:
Arkrite I wonder how the captain felt when he knew it was a wolf. I love Bishops Castle and Shropshire Welsh border. We plan to visit the wolves as my granddaughter sponsers one and we said we would go with her next time. We will go from Arley and it shouldn't take us long. That is when the weather improves. Lovely place to have grown up in. Jean.

I left Brownhills at 12 yrs to live in Clun. Imagine the culture shock on both sides! It is a beautifully area and you find many Brummies retire or have a caravan in the area.
Enjoy your trip, I must get to see the wolves myself.......arkrite.

Our caravan site is closed in February and can't wait for March. We will be visiting Rays farm again this year in the spring when everything starts to give birth and you can go in with the baby goats with the grandchildren. Pete's friend is a farmer who was born in the Clun area and we are due another sightseeing trip so might ask him to come to visit the wolves with us. [Hope he doesen't think they are foxes]. Only kidding. Jean.

I went onto Jemma's U Tube section where she has put her artwork and also many videos. I found one that shocked and upset me. I didn't realise that in China these beautiful creature are bread for their coats. It was very graffic and some of the animals were not dead before their skins were removed. Jean. spirit-the-neoartist.deviantart.com Jean.

Thought I would let you know that Jemma still loves Wolves and most other animals. There was a job advertised for a Saturday worker at a Great Barr Pet and aquarium shop. She aplied amongst many others and was taken on after her interview on a months trial. She got through that and now works all day and has the chance of work during the Christmas break. The only worry is is that she will come home with half the pets from the shop. Bye. Jean.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Heres some pictures to add to her collection. Hope she hasn't got them already. Magnificent animals. Chocks

Lovely photos Jean and my admiration goes out to Jemma for caring about animals that don't have a very good reputation.

My little granddaughter loves dinos, crocodiles and sharks, anything with lots of sharp teeth! Hope she doesn't adopt one and ask me to cuddle it. :D

Thanks Graham My friends grandaughter loves any kind of insects spiders ants and the rest of the creepy crawlies. Jemma has had many a scrap at school when the other kids have had a go about wolves. She loves drawing and painting them too. Bye. Jean.

Frothy I stayed up late one night last year to watch a couple who lived with a pack of wolves and it was fascinating. It had been filmed over quite a few years and at the end It said that one by one they had died so I had a little cry while him indoors was in bed. If ever they put it on again I will let you know. Jean.

267562_10150248929799585_731354584_7377294_2890586_s.jpg
This is my grandaughter a few years on and my hasent she changed?. It was her prom night a couple of weeks ago. Jean. PS. I don't suppose anyone can enlarge it for me please?.

267562_10150248929799585_731354584_7377294_2890586_s.jpg
This is my grandaughter a few years on and my hasent she changed?. It was her prom night a couple of weeks ago. Jean. PS. I don't suppose anyone can enlarge it for me please?.
Hi Jean, dont know how to enlarge it insitu, but if you Email it me my printer
will print it A4 size, would that help? Bernard

An interesting sidebar to this thread .... One of the most eerie and thrilling experiences I had was in Algonquin Park ( Northern Ontario Canada ) when, one late evening, a Park Ranger stood on a deck overlooking a dense forest and called to wolves using a howling sound. After a brief interval you heard a response from deep in the woods from a pack known to frequent the area. Seeing wolves pacing in a zoo enclosure always brings on a feeling of great sadness to me knowing of the wolve's pack instincts and love of freedom in the Wilds.

Will do Bernard and thanks. Dave where my granddaughter went the wolves roam free in woodland. I too hate to see them in zoos and I watched a documentary on a pack of wolves in America and it was wonderful and also had a sad ending . Jean.

Back