• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Graham Street Lozells

Oo..er..thanks Sylvia, my fathers birth was registered Aston, St Mary in 1920 and his sister was born Aston 5 years later.

Just had a look at my notes - the Electoral Roll in 1920 has his parents living at 7 bk 64 Graham Street in the St Pauls Ward

Last edited:
My dad Frank Wilson was born at 7 bk 64 Graham Street in 1920, i often wonder if this was close to the Pen Factory, would anyone know?

Hi Mallosa. The address on my gt aunt's marriage certificate in August 1913 was also 7 Bk of 64 Graham Street.

I think anywhere in Graham Street was fairly close to the pen factory - it was rather on the large and imposing side. Some of mine lived there, too, in the early 1900's. Graham Street is not terribly long, although I have not been for about five years but I do remember it was relatively shortish.

Hi Mallosa. The address on my gt aunt's marriage certificate in August 1913 was also 7 Bk of 64 Graham Street.

Hi Kiddo, what was your gt aunt's name? Have you got any other information regarding that address? My dad had a sister (Lily) who was born Dec qtr 1914, I'll ask her daughter if that address is stated on her birth cert.

Hi Kiddo, what was your gt aunt's name? Have you got any other information regarding that address? My dad had a sister (Lily) who was born Dec qtr 1914, I'll ask her daughter if that address is stated on her birth cert.

Hi Mallosa. My gt aunt's name was Gertrude Ellen (or Ellen Gertrude) PAIN. She married James Clarence KIMBERLEY 4 August 1913 at St Paul's. James' address at marriage was 11 Bk of 65 Graham Street, a carter.

Hi Mallosa. My gt aunt's name was Gertrude Ellen (or Ellen Gertrude) PAIN. She married James Clarence KIMBERLEY 4 August 1913 at St Paul's. James' address at marriage was 11 Bk of 65 Graham Street, a carter.

I'm afraid the names PAIN and KIMBERLEY don't ring any bells kiddo

Oo..er..thanks Sylvia, my fathers birth was registered Aston, St Mary in 1920 and his sister was born Aston 5 years later.

Just had a look at my notes - the Electoral Roll in 1920 has his parents living at 7 bk 64 Graham Street in the St Pauls Ward

I find this fascinating kiddo, do you have any photos at all? I'll phone my cousin today re her mothers Birth Cert - watch this space!

I find this fascinating kiddo, do you have any photos at all? I'll phone my cousin today re her mothers Birth Cert - watch this space!

Mallosa, I'm afraid that Ellen Gertrude PAIN (or Gertrude Ellen, depending on which documents I find) must have been the 'black sheep' of the family. She is the only one that I have had trouble finding information on and the only one who was not talked about in my family [me thinks there is a deeper story here]. No, I don't have any photos but if I do find out anything regarding Graham Street, I will let you know. I look forward to hearing what your cousin has to say.

Back