• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Graham Paul Webb

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
Sadly we have lost a true Champion and gentleman and it was a great pleasure to have known him.
We met at one of our BHF meet ups and we were able to get to know the great man better.
Graham we shall all miss you. R.I.P.

Sadly we have lost a true Champion and gentleman and it was a great pleasure to have known him.
We met at one of our BHF meet ups and we were able to get to know the great man better.
Graham we shall all miss you. R.I.P.
Hi ,
I did not know Graham but would like to add my condolences.
Chris Beresford (Old Boy)

That's very sad to hear as he's contributed a lot to the Forum over the years. R.I.P. Graham.

Maurice

for members who do not know graham or recognise his name its not really surprising...triple gold medallist and never honoured by his native birmingham:(... later in life he went to live in belgium and was a hero over there and honoured by the king of belgium...i was also lucky to meet graham at forum meet up...well graham if you are looking down on us now we on BHF salute your achievements..GOD BLESS YOU

lyn xxx

link to grahams thread

https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/graham-webb.21217/

I would like to add my condolences. I met him the once at a forum meet up, the 60's night. Shame that Birmingham council did'nt recognise all his achievements. May he foever R.I.P.
For those who never knew of him and his achievements, look here.....

R.I P Graham a well loved member that will be sadly missed, condolences to his Family in Belgium.

Never given the honour he rightly deserved from the City of his birth merely added to Birmingham council list of Famous brummies in 2007.
In 2009 he was inducted into the newly established British Cycling Hall of Fame.

As a keen cyclist, having rode over a great part of central England as a youth, I can see where this gentleman's love of the race emanated.
The fact his home town made little of his achievements is sad, but that often seems to be the case these days.
I am sure he is now exchanging great tales with some of the European greats that have gone before him.
+++ RIP

I never had the honour of meeting him. But his story of how he grew up and started riding and racing was an inspiration. I contacted him many times on via Emails. Always very interested in what I did. Great Champion from Brum. Sad sad news. RIP Graham.

Well done the Birmingham Mail, in todays issue there is a 2 page spread on Graham Webb. Tried to find the article online but I can't.

Cycling Weekly is including a comprehensive lookback at Grahams cycling career on June 8th.

I couldn't find the link to Grahams tribute in The Mail so I tried to take a pic with my mobile. Not the best of pictures but it was the best I could do.

Attachments

• PAGE 1.jpg
    PAGE 1.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 13
  • PAGE 2.jpg
    PAGE 2.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 13
Back