• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Gower Street

Poor kids in the third photo, all sad and pouty-lipped - perhaps they had played up and been shouted at!

Hi Ray just came across your thread and it gave me many memories of the time I lived in Gower street during the 1950,s and 60,s.
My family originally lived at 17 Gower street and we moved up to across the road to live face in you next door to the Meeks in 1958.
I went to Lozells street primary school and was in the same class as your brother Brian, and an old friend of mine, Spud Taylor, lived just below you in a back house.
I don`t know if you remember me but I assume Brian will, my name is Bob Plant and I have a sister Carol and a brother John.

So sad to see the demise of a very old garage, compared to how it looked in its heyday. See post #202 on the Wheeler Street lozells thread. Sorry can't seem to create a link on my iPad.

Here’s the link John.

And the photo posted by Astoness on the Wheeler Street thread. Viv.

62721BF0-C64C-4FB2-A201-416742216EAF.jpeg

for anyone wanting to get their bearing on marks photo 8 the church you can just see is on lozells road and still there

lyn

Hi Ray just came across your thread and it gave me many memories of the time I lived in Gower street during the 1950,s and 60,s.
My family originally lived at 17 Gower street and we moved up to across the road to live face in you next door to the Meeks in 1958.
I went to Lozells street primary school and was in the same class as your brother Brian, and an old friend of mine, Spud Taylor, lived just below you in a back house.
I don`t know if you remember me but I assume Brian will, my name is Bob Plant and I have a sister Carol and a brother John.
Hi Bob thought I’d let you know Brian passed away 16/12/2020. John lives in Lichfield and Carol in Cumbria.

Three photos of Gower Street Infants from 1933 and 1934 with my middle sister (born 1927) on the left (with dark hair) and an older one, unknown date with my eldest sister on the left (born 1923)
Fantastic. Looking for my late father Douglas Burton and his sister Joyce.

Back