• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

gough Albert

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
I am trying to trace agough family names are elsie gough ,
albert gough phillis gough and jenifier gough whom lived on the
lichfield rd aston possilble 12 back 10 and possible cromwell terrace during the year of 19461954
any info would really be appreaciated and omce again i thank you for your valuable time best wishes astonian ;;;;

Re: Albert gough

Alfred James Gough, Annie Gough and John Gough, 12 Cromwell Square, Lichfield Road (1939). Are those them??
Albert Gough, Rosetta Mary Gough, 80 Cromwell Street, Duddeston. (79 Cromwell Street was the Cromwell Arms pub). (1935).

A long time before, but coincidently my grandfather was born in Cromwell Street in 1875, and his grandmother was an Ann Gough.

Ann

hi lloyed
you are an ace yes thats the one cromwell square thats where i was born in the square and they lived oppersite us and alfie worked at buttons in portland street
and around 1952-3 he was working at buttons and he had abit of a do with some guy in the plating shop and the other guy through acid at him and it got him in the eye and alfie lost the sight in the eye and went blind philliss was is wife and jenny was is daughter she was born around about 1948 and her aunt and uncles and cousins also lived next door but two to ys up the sqaure they was the gammages the grand father len gamage ran the widdows arms at the botom of the terrace
many thanks again lloyed best wishes astonian ,;;;

I am trying to trace agough family names are elsie gough ,
albert gough phillis gough and jenifier gough whom lived on the
lichfield rd aston possilble 12 back 10 and possible cromwell terrace during the year of 19461954
any info would really be appreaciated and omce again i thank you for your valuable time best wishes astonian ;;;;
My Grandfather was Albert Gough .

Back