• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Got This Message On My Bank Statement On Line

Alf, picknpay is an online store which sells loads of items, have you ordered anything online - may not be directly from them as I think they are an umbrella type group for other companies - my daughter had it on her statement before xmas and we finally worked out that she had ordered a CD from a website and pick n pay was the collecting firm.
Not sure if that helps at all
Sue

hi Alf,talking about banks, in December "Which" magazine published a survey it had done on customer
service in 75 Big brands, my bank Santander came in at 73, not quite bottom that was reserved for AOL
Broadband, take care now Bernard

You must follow it up Alf as if your card details have been grabbed the toe rags often check it is accessible by making a small purchase that may go unnoticed before they go for a big purchase.

Alf I had something similar with a statement from my Bank (nat West) last year, somebody had topped up their mobile to the tune of£10 in Winchester , my bank spotted it ( well done Nat West) queried it with me and said they were probably trying it out before going for something bigger, they reimbursed me the £10 and changed my credit card, cancelling existing one. I was very impressed with my Bank spotting it, being a small amount Ihad not noticed it, but I check my on-line statements more thoroughly now. Eric

Also Alf, had forgotten till I read Erics post, hubby had his card "cloned" - the bank realised when the person who had cloned it tried to use it to make a major purchase in London a few minutes after we had used it at Tesco in New Oscott - the bank realised it couldn't be in two distant places at the same time and stopped the account until hecontacted them.
They seem to think it had been cloned off a cashpoint machine at a local supermarket.
Sue

Back