• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Gopsall Family in Birmingham

ASTONITE

master brummie
If any members have any information regarding Gopsalls who may still be living in the West Midlands, I would be most grateful.

checked on the electoral rolls and in 1939 there was john charles and emily norah gopsall living 101 glenpark rd. washwood heath
and reginald sidney and dorothy louisa gopsall living 6 court 24 wheeler st.

nothing listed for gopsall after 1939

Dorothy Louisa died in the 1940s aged 28, it was her children I was looking for Janet and June, I know there birthdates and that is all, they may have been adopted, I have tried the phone books but there appears to be none in the west midlands area. They were born in 1940 and 1944 respectively. Reginald died in 1978, thankyou for your reply.

Jean

I was born in Franchise St. My dim recollection is that a Mrs Gopsall owned the sweetshop in Franchise St. Is that your recollection, Jean?

Ray

Cathrays,
In my photo.album "the way we were",there is a photo.of a pensioners xmas jolly,in the "Wellhead" pub:).Jean and myself both have a grandmother on the photo.
Thought you might like a look.

Cathray yes and she was my nan's friend. I loved that street and it's back to backs and don't like going past it now but one day I will go to the Wellhead to see if they still have the photo's on the wall that belonged to my mom and were never returned. Maybe Mrs Gopsall is on one of those or Rays photo. Jean.

Hi Ray

I have connections to Franchise St going back to at least the 1920's through my Grandmother, Rose Edwards and my parents ( who were Smiths) I was born at no. 46 Franchise St in 1944. I would love to view your picture of the Wellhead. Can you give me a link to it?

Sorry, this is off the topic of the Gopsall family

Cathray,
Click on my name anywhere,it will take you to my profile,then click on my photo.albums.
And there you are.
Another Ray.:)

Re Gopsall family i think there was Gopsall transport company, Horse & Carts and Motor Lorries. Len.

There is a Terry Gopsill (not sure if that is the correct spelling) who lives on the Hawkesly Estate in Kings Norton, and has , I believe, done extensive family research.

Back