• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Google

terryb18

Gone but not forgotten R.I.P.
I have an annoying problem and I have tried everything I can think of to solve it, but to no avail. My problem is Google keeps on opening in Google Italian. I have changed the settings to open in Google UK but it does'nt seem to work. At the moment it is more of an annoyance than a major problem and I would like it solved. Any ideas anyone. Searching on google it seems to be a common problem.

Terry

Hello Terry, Have you tried YOU+ in the top left corner of google home page, it worked for me. Jim

Hi Terry,
I just had a play around and managed to make my Google search become German !
I usually get Google with a bookmark which goes for www.google.co.uk and altered it to www.google.de and it went German.
Maybe your original bookmark has the wrong address or there is a setting in your browser which needs altering.
oldmohawk

Is Google your home page? If so, reset it to www.google.co.uk (if you're using Internet Explorer select Tools - Internet Options and it's the top box in the 'General' tab). Or you could buy a set of phrase books!

Hello Terry, Have you tried YOU+ in the top left corner of google home page, it worked for me. Jim

No good Jim, it reverts to Italian. I seemed to have tried everything even uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome. Pity really, cos I like Chrome but it seems I may have to change to another browser.

Terry

This is a screen grab of the page I keep getting.

Attachments

• italian.jpg
    italian.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 9
If you click the Options (Gear Wheel) in Google and then select Language Tools, there is a link at the bottom left of the page. If it says 'Turn Off Instant Translation' give it a click. If that doesn't work I've run out of ideas!

Back