• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Google Maps.

Betty Hopper

master brummie
Hello There,

Just been looking at Google Maps in the hope`s I can find one of, Digby Street / Legge Street.

It keeps refering to " My Account " But I can`t find out how much ????????

{ poor pensioner } Betty.

I have just looked on Google Maps and searched for Legge Street (Birmingham I assume) and it came up with a map. Digby Street does not seem to exist now. It did not ask for an acount so I am not sure what bit you were on.

Janice

Hello PJMBurns.

Many thanks for trying to help. Basically I needed to know if they charge for the service. Can`t believe anything is free ??????

Jean has sorted me out but ta anyway. Betty

Hello PJMBurns.<BR><BR>Many thanks for trying to help. Basically I needed to know if they charge for the service. Can`t believe anything is free ??????<BR><BR>Jean has sorted me out but ta anyway. Betty

Hello Jean,
Thank you for that address. When I tried it it came up so quickly I nearly fell off my chair. I think Janice is right and Digby Street has completely gone. Should have realised that seeing as 'ow the beggars dropped a bomb on me. {I haven't been the same since }
I thought if I could find a map with big enough print for me to read it I may be able to familiarise myself with the area and hope it will bring back some memories.Unlike others on the Forum I have very few memories and it may be good to have a few [Or not } You never know what you will find? Probably why I have never looked back.Betty.

I agree with that Betty as things can be quite disappointing. My friend has just used the link in the States and she said she found her house but it ain't her truck on her drive. OOOOPS.

Owen looked up mom and dads street on google maps and there is a great shot of their next door but one neighbour crossing the street - she already thinks she's the bees knees, so we haven't told her yet that she is famous lol
Sue

Found it very useful Nick. My pleasure. Someone on the Forum posted it some time ago and it has come in very handy. Jean.

Hello Berniew.
What a great chap you are. Thank you so, so, much for the map, it is perfect for me to have a look at and see if I remember any of the street names for starters. I vaquely remember lots of hoardings and I think Midland Counties Dairy.{ I used to roller skate outside there} I am most intrigued with the street called Love Lane, wonder what went on down there then ????????
You have helped so many people on this Forum you deserve a medal.
Many, many thanks, BETTY

Hello Jean, Many thanks for your help. With the links you sent me and the map from Berniew I have lots of checking to do but feel at least I stand a chance now. That's if the old brain works ??????
Betty.

You'r welcome Betty if you get carried away in Love Lane it's Loveday Street afterwards and thanks for the link Jean saves a lot of time and grief I have posted a couple of pics on old stret pic thread by the dairy old cross street

Back