• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Goodwin Family of Smethwick.

Yvonne Lay

proper brummie kid
Hello again Everyone.

I am looking for any decendants of James and Agnes Goodwin who lived in Poplar Street, Smethwick from the early 1900's into the 1960's.

Their children were Florence born 1880 Wolverley
Beatrice 1882, Selena (Lena) 1884,
Frederick James 1885, Ernest Leonard (my grandfather) 1890, Alice May 1892, Edith Maud (Eadie) 1894, James Arthur Edwin 1898, Elsie Lily, 1900.
Two other children died as a baby and a young child. They were Mary Ann and Lucy Mildred.

Florence married (1) William Breese (2) Harry Callow.
Beatrice married Charles Hawkins 1908,
Selena married Alfred Cotter.
Frederick James married Lavinia Jarvis 1907.
Ernest Leonard married Bertha Jarvis 1914 (Lavinia & Bertha were sisters).
Edith married William Nicklin 1920
James A.E. married Elsie Balinger.
Elsie married Thomas Aston.
Alice married (1) Albert Barton (2) William Armstrong.

Any information on my family would be very much appreciated. I have the Goodwin line research back to the 1700's but would like to learn more of my great grandparents and the family.

Thank you Happy New Year to all.

Yvonne.

Wow this has really helped me make a link between Harry Callow and his two wives. His first wife was name Clara Breese and then he married Florence Breese. At first I thought they were sister's but it turn's out, thanks to the above post that Clara and William Breese were brother and sister. Thanks again.

Hello again Everyone.

I am looking for any decendants of James and Agnes Goodwin who lived in Poplar Street, Smethwick from the early 1900's into the 1960's.

Their children were Florence born 1880 Wolverley
Beatrice 1882, Selena (Lena) 1884,
Frederick James 1885, Ernest Leonard (my grandfather) 1890, Alice May 1892, Edith Maud (Eadie) 1894, James Arthur Edwin 1898, Elsie Lily, 1900.
Two other children died as a baby and a young child. They were Mary Ann and Lucy Mildred.

Florence married (1) William Breese (2) Harry Callow.
Beatrice married Charles Hawkins 1908,
Selena married Alfred Cotter.
Frederick James married Lavinia Jarvis 1907.
Ernest Leonard married Bertha Jarvis 1914 (Lavinia & Bertha were sisters).
Edith married William Nicklin 1920
James A.E. married Elsie Balinger.
Elsie married Thomas Aston.
Alice married (1) Albert Barton (2) William Armstrong.

Any information on my family would be very much appreciated. I have the Goodwin line research back to the 1700's but would like to learn more of my great grandparents and the family.

Thank you Happy New Year to all.

Yvonne.
Hello Yvonne

I came across this site while researching my birthplace - Smethwick.

Edith Maud Goodwin was my Paternal Grandmother. She passed away in the summer of 1971. She was married to William Nicklin and had two children. Richard Nicklin (my Father) and Edith Nicklin.

I live in California.

Best Regards

William Nicklin

Back