• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

GOODCHILD FAMILY

FIELDWILSON

Any Goodchild family out there? Have aquired a William Goodchild WW1 postcard album with 400-500 postcards sent
by William to his family in Balsall Heath Birmingham. The album is well used and cards are pasted onto the album
pages. Its very personal and should remain with the Goodchild family. Also plenty of family photographs, babys,
children and adults in uniform. Bought at auction last month. Any comment.

hello and welcome i have moved your thread to the surname interest of the forum...how very kind of you to try and find this family...its so sad when items like this are thown out but hopefully there maybe a member of this family who will see this and claim their ancestry....good luck

lyn

There is a william & Jennie Goodchild listed on the electoral roll at that time at no 3 court 9 Vere St (if that is considered Balsall Heath) and in 1920 a William & Sarah Ellen Goodchild at 190 Belgrave Road (definitely balsall heath)

Any Goodchild family out there? Have aquired a William Goodchild WW1 postcard album with 400-500 postcards sent
by William to his family in Balsall Heath Birmingham. The album is well used and cards are pasted onto the album
pages. Its very personal and should remain with the Goodchild family. Also plenty of family photographs, babys,
children and adults in uniform. Bought at auction last month. Any comment.
I may have posted this before but my mate's mom was a Goodchild and lived in Park Lane, Aston.
Dave A

An interesting little quirk, the William Goodchild in Balsall Heath was the son of William Goodchild and Elizabeth Goodman.

He married the Jane Chadaway who is a boarder with them on the 1911 census. They had 3 children, all of whom appear to have had children.

My great-grandfather was Charles Goodchild (1870-1929). He had a brother called William (born 1865) who was married to Elizabeth Goodman. William and Elizabeth had several children including William Goodchild (1890-1962) who was married to Jane Chadaway (1890-1978). William and Jane had three children.

In this thread are some posts by my third cousin, the modern day William Goodchild who is a descendant of the other Williams.

Back