• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

good thumper my dear friend

greywolf

hunter of ancestry
today i lost my rabbit friend of 12yrs ,,Thumper.. he past away in my arms and i'm so heart broken ... some you may think it just a rabbit not a dog or cat but he was a part of my family ...and unlike my human family he never treat bad called me names ... my meeting with him came by way of a trip to a nature park in richmond B.C ..he and his mate had been abandon to fend for them selves .. the park managment found them and was trying to find them homes ..thats were Thumper comes in...when i saw him i just knew he was coming home with me .he look like thumper in the bambie books. he was the sweetest rabbit .with a really funny side to his personality ... he would chase the cat around the house till he'd corner her on a chair ..then he would circle that chair like an indian on the war path ... one time i caught him taking his male frustration out on a Bobby the dog ..the poor dog was a sleep ..and thumper who was in love with anything with 4 legs proceeded to carry out the courtship ...poor bobby woke up to see ....well i leave that up to your imginations ..i go shopping and leave Thumper run around the house along side Bobbie the dog and tess the cat with no worries about them killing each other ..they all got along so well .When i moved from British columbia to Nova Scotia Thumper flew across canada with Bobby the dog ..Tess the cat past away sometime before i moved .Thumper was always making me laugh ...i suffer from depression had it since child hood and he brought a ray of joy in a wise dark gloomy world ..i miss Thumper so bad ..sorry everybody for dumping on ya ..i am really just devastated right now ..thank you for letting me rant
annie

Last edited:
Oh Greywold I am so sorry about Thumper, I know exactly how you feel. Please don't think just because it isn't a cat or dog that it isn't as important. Of course it's important and it's perfectly OK to be heartbroken and grieve. You just carry on. I am thinking of you. I have lost many pet's and know just how great that pain is.

Take care.

Maggs.

Annie, go get yourself another rabbit, dont go sitting there getting depressed please. It is going to be very sad but you have all those other little animals depending on you so you have to be well for them dont you. Make yourself a nice cup of tea with a small whisky in and think about the good time you had with him. Put some nice happy music on think where you can by Thumper no 2 from
Pattyxxxx

maggie what make's this so hard to deal with is i have no family to lean on[their all dead]and the friends i thought i had [all live in bc] ever call me i'm the one who spends the quater to call them ..... but i have made some wonderful friends on this site and again i sorry for dumping on you folks .i feel very alone right now..this may seem stupid but i haven't stop crying since this morning ..

maggie what make's this so hard to deal with is i have no family to lean on[their all dead]and the friends i thought i had [all live in bc] ever call me i'm the one who spends the quater to call them ..... but i have made some wonderful friends on this site and again i sorry for dumping on you folks .i feel very alone right now..this may seem stupid but i haven't stop crying since this morning ..

You are not dumping it on us, you are sharing your sadness with us and that's what it's all about. I lost my darling cat last year, and am still sad about it. It is true about having no family, mine are all gone too, so I know how close these pet's get to us. Only people in that position can really understand, so you go on a share it with us. Maggsx

Annie we are your family, I have offically become your sister and I am sure you will gater a few more before the day is out and perhaps a few brothers. Please feel free to contact us anytime. If you PM me you phone number I will look on Tele stunt and see how much to phone Nova scotia help with the spelling. It only cost 3p a min to Turkey so I could give you a ring, I'll have a look now, back in a mo

Just had a look and it cost from the UK 2pence per minute, did I get the name of your place right, they hadn't got that but they had canada which I think would be the same.

Annie, have you got skype, a lot of us on the forum have, its a good way to keep in touch.

Hi annie, Very sorry to hear about your loss, as every one on here says, don't get down because you can always talk to us on the forum. I don't know how skype works but i'm sure someone on here will give you all the info. regards Jackie. :422:

sorry to hear your bad news. i feel for you and all i can say is i totally agree with patty, look after yourself and give your love to another deserving little animal as soon as you feel able. they will help you remember only the good things about your lovely rabbit. take care. :handshake:

Dear Annie,

So sorry for your loss. When I lost my rabbit Musty, and he died in my arms, I was broken hearted. It doesn't matter if it is a dog, cat, rabbit or a canary. When a pet you love so much dies, it is hard. I think we all wish we could give you a cuddle or hold your hand. I hope you can perhaps get another rabbit soon.
Thinking of you
Ann

One of my best friends recently lost her dog. She was so very upset - he was part of her family. I did my best to help her through it, making coffee, listening and calling to check she was ok. I am sorry that you have no family or close friends as I know what a comfort they can be, however, it seems to me that you have lots of friends on here. It is so very natural to grieve when we lose something we love. Sounds like Thumper had a lovely home with you and you gave her all the love and care she needed, it could have been very different for her. I am sure sometime in the future you will look back at all the happy times you had with her and feel able to offer another rabbit a great home.

Oh Annie I have been out all day and came back to a ringing phone. It was Patty to tell me about thumper and I am oh so sorry. What an age for a rabbit and as many people have said he was your rabbit and he gave you as much love as you gave him. I hope you won't mind me putting this photo on that you sent me a while back to show how much you care for your pets?. Annie a bit of good news My cousing Trevors family are flying this week or next to live just fifteen minutes from you and they will be getting in touch as you made them so welcome last time. This is the kind of person Annie is she had never met them but met them on their visit made them welcome and gave them tea. Wish I was closer Annie as I would be round like a shot. Take care. Jean.

i wanted to thank each and everyone of you for your kind supportive words about my thumper... it made an other wise painful day alittle easy to get through ...as i said i don't have living family and as for my friends well i learned that their my friends if i spend the quarter on them .i felt that i had no one to talk to ....so it kind of magifide the situation with thumpers death .. But when i put Thumpers story on this site I was over welmed by the many kind and caring replies i got ... it was so comforting at how many people cared that i couldn't even read the replies with out crying ..i place thumper at the edge of the garden with a red current marking his final resting place ..as for today i think i'm going to put some tea bags on my eyes and take two advil cause my eyes look like someone drove a truck into them their red and puffy from all the crying yesterday..thank you everyone annie

dear greywold
It dosn't matter what animal you have after 12yrs they are part of your family and you, and the passing is really the same as for a human in the sense that we miss that individuals love and company. I am sure no one on this forum thinks it silly to morn a friend passing I send my condolences to you and any of your family.
regards
paul stacey

Back