• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
This song is performed in Breton, which is a Celtic dialect still spoken(rarely) in the Brittany area of France. The title, "Gortoz a Ran", translates roughly to "I'm Waiting". The lyrics, roughly translated from Breton to English, are approximated below: I was waiting, waiting for a long time In the dark shadow of grey towers In the dark shadow of grey towers In the dark shadow of rain towers You will see me waiting forever You will see me waiting forever One day it will come back Over the lands, over the seas The green wind will return And take back with it my wounded heart I will be pulled away by its breath Far away in the stream, wherever it wishes Wherever it wishes, far away from this world Between the sea and the stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back