• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot hear this song without getting emotional. The Town I loved so well. I heard the Dubliners sing it in a concert at Dudley Town Hall. The first time I heard it, it was sung by the Northern Irish politician, John Hume, who was awarded the Nobel Peace Price for his work in the Good Friday Agreement. I was in Londonderry, the town which the song is about, when I met him and he sang this for us. He also sang Danny Boy but that is for another time.

I cannot hear this song without getting emotional. The Town I loved so well. I heard the Dubliners sing it in a concert at Dudley Town Hall. The first time I heard it, it was sung by the Northern Irish politician, John Hume, who was awarded the Nobel Peace Price for his work in the Good Friday Agreement. I was in Londonderry, the town which the song is about, when I met him and he sang this for us. He also sang Danny Boy but that is for another time.
i like the dubliers and pouges singing together. it too brings back memories.

This is for all us eighties kids on the website and when Phil Oakey went to the barbers and asked "how much is a haircut " barber replies £10 and Phil says "I've only got a fiver"

totally agree smudge...he was great...try and keep up with this one :D i can remember where i was and what i was doing when his death was announced

lyn

It was

Bob

No. It is not JUST about actor Warren Beatty.

Yes, Simon revealed the “Dick Tracy” star was at one of the men she alluded to in the personal lyrics.

“I have confirmed that the second verse is Warren,” she told People ahead of the release of her memoir, ‘Boys in the Trees.’ “Warren thinks the whole thing is about him!”

(Because of course he does, based on the lyrics.)

The other man isn't Mick Jagger or ex-husband James Taylor.

In fact, it's not even a former lover of Ms. Simon at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back