• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing the link to the Mamas and Papas song Monday Monday above here is a funny item from the comedy series called "The Sketch Show" featuring Lee Mack and others

Lots of other funny items on YouTube from The Sketch Show if you do a search.

Like this one (be warned - slightly rude)

i dont like that kind of music its disgusting

I did have keyboard lessons for a while- I can play most of ‘Hey Jude’ ! My Nan never had a lesson in her life but was really good at all the old songs like ‘down at the old bull and bush’ and ‘hold your hand out you naughty boy’ Haha!

how wonderful

lyn

Folk on Foot Festival 3 - Together Again is on Monday from 2pm. https://www.folkonfoot.com/festival

Here's the line up:
  • The Breath (Rioghnach Connolly and Stuart McCallum)
  • Eliza Carthy and David Delarre
  • Johnny Flynn and his band
  • Julie Fowlis, Éamon Doorley and Duncan Chisholm
  • Karine Polwart, Steven Polwart and Inge Thomson
  • Kris Drever, John McCusker and Phil Cunningham
  • Lady Nade, Kit Hawes and Aaron Catlow
  • Nancy Kerr, Martin Simpson and Andy Cutting
  • Peggy Seeger with her sons Neill and Calum MacColl
  • Rachel Newton and Lauren MacColl
  • Sam Lee and his band
  • Show of Hands (Steve Knightley and Phil Beer)
  • Spiers and Boden

Folk on Foot Festival 3 - Together Again is on Monday from 2pm. https://www.folkonfoot.com/festival

Here's the line up:
  • The Breath (Rioghnach Connolly and Stuart McCallum)
  • Eliza Carthy and David Delarre
  • Johnny Flynn and his band
  • Julie Fowlis, Éamon Doorley and Duncan Chisholm
  • Karine Polwart, Steven Polwart and Inge Thomson
  • Kris Drever, John McCusker and Phil Cunningham
  • Lady Nade, Kit Hawes and Aaron Catlow
  • Nancy Kerr, Martin Simpson and Andy Cutting
  • Peggy Seeger with her sons Neill and Calum MacColl
  • Rachel Newton and Lauren MacColl
  • Sam Lee and his band
  • Show of Hands (Steve Knightley and Phil Beer)
  • Spiers and Boden
What, no Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Peter Paul & Mary? I love folk music, especially when it`s live. Enjoy the moment.

Cohen claims Kelley Lynch, his manager for 16 years, stole more than $5m (£2.8m) from a fund set up for his retirement.

Last edited:
never heard billy fury singing that one pete but good...i used to love the great glen campbell singing it

cant think of any of glens songs i did not like

I have a sordid confession to make and I feel it time to confess. While I listened to Slade, Hawkwind, Black Sabbath in Bogart's and The Costermonger I carried a dark secret which I can only now divulge...I always had a place in my heart for Glen Campbell....I even saw him in concert at The Odeon, New Street in 1974.

I also loved Summer The First Time by Bobby Goldsboro

That's me finished with The Brum Headbanger Guild, I expect.

I have a sordid confession to make and I feel it time to confess. While I listened to Slade, Hawkwind, Black Sabbath in Bogart's and The Costermonger I carried a dark secret which I can only now divulge...I always had a place in my heart for Glen Campbell....I even saw him in concert at The Odeon, New Street in 1974.

and why not BB a great singer is a great singer

lyn

yes afraid so.lol.... last day in june oooooo i rememer that well;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back