• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Anyone remember Roy Buchanan's Sweet Dreams from the album Buch and the Snake Stretchers.

Always one of my favourite guitarists, - I've just enjoyed it again on UTube

Stay Safe

Kind regards
Dave

17 years old sitting in a Rolls Royce that came in for repair listening to Roger Whittaker on the 8 track because the guy was old and did not have the usual Who, Floyd etc, but I have had stayed listening to him and still to this day the song Dirty Old Town just takes me right back "kissed a girl by the factory wall", music all kinds just takes you back all those great girls our Pet, Cilla, Lulu, and Dusty still getting radio play here in the US, most days I listen to Pandora on my phone or the putter
Wow, 8 track stereo in cars takes me back too! Also those new fangled small cassette things that took over music in cars. I worked in a garage, P J Evans and the rollers had the little cassette players and yes, as Bob said Sinatra and Rat Pack and Dino were the regulars in those cars.

17 years old sitting in a Rolls Royce that came in for repair listening to Roger Whittaker on the 8 track because the guy was old and did not have the usual Who, Floyd etc, but I have had stayed listening to him and still to this day the song Dirty Old Town just takes me right back "kissed a girl by the factory wall", music all kinds just takes you back all those great girls our Pet, Cilla, Lulu, and Dusty still getting radio play here in the US, most days I listen to Pandora on my phone or the putter
i remember kissing a bird by a factory wall ( millers ):grinning: . i had no roller only a pushbile.

Hi,

Anyone remember Roy Buchanan's Sweet Dreams from the album Buch and the Snake Stretchers.

Always one of my favourite guitarists, - I've just enjoyed it again on UTube

Stay Safe

Kind regards
Dave
That’s too beautiful for words.
lynn.

only meat loaf fans will watch this one its 12 mins long :rolleyes: also seen him twice at one show he came one stage riding a motor bike clouds of smoke filled the stage...great entrance...

There were so many versions of that song. As far as I can tell this is the original singer if not recording (hew wrote it and recorded it in 1949.
It was Ewan McColl and when on tour Roger Whittaker usually acknowledged the fact, a favourite of my wifes, we saw him twice, first time suprb, second time some years later and time had taken its toll, his voice was not so strong, a great pity as he was a superb singer and a classy siffleur.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back