• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
about 2.20 into the video a birmingham co op society truck..lovely catchy tune

lyn

I’ve been trying to ration myself on the number of these I do, but this one just popped into my head, and as it’s less than three minutes in length I thought maybe you’d forgive another visit into the ‘30s.

Harry Roy, Minnie, and when she lost it!

It was, as I understand, regarded as very risqué in the 1930s.

I’ve been trying to ration myself on the number of these I do, but this one just popped into my head, and as it’s less than three minutes in length I thought maybe you’d forgive another visit into the ‘30s.

Harry Roy, Minnie, and when she lost it!

brilliant had me in stitches typical play on words concert hall song of its time :D :D

Hi,

Anyone remember Roy Buchanan's Sweet Dreams from the album Buch and the Snake Stretchers.

Always one of my favourite guitarists, - I've just enjoyed it again on UTube

Stay Safe

Kind regards
Dave

17 years old sitting in a Rolls Royce that came in for repair listening to Roger Whittaker on the 8 track because the guy was old and did not have the usual Who, Floyd etc, but I have had stayed listening to him and still to this day the song Dirty Old Town just takes me right back "kissed a girl by the factory wall", music all kinds just takes you back all those great girls our Pet, Cilla, Lulu, and Dusty still getting radio play here in the US, most days I listen to Pandora on my phone or the putter
Wow, 8 track stereo in cars takes me back too! Also those new fangled small cassette things that took over music in cars. I worked in a garage, P J Evans and the rollers had the little cassette players and yes, as Bob said Sinatra and Rat Pack and Dino were the regulars in those cars.

17 years old sitting in a Rolls Royce that came in for repair listening to Roger Whittaker on the 8 track because the guy was old and did not have the usual Who, Floyd etc, but I have had stayed listening to him and still to this day the song Dirty Old Town just takes me right back "kissed a girl by the factory wall", music all kinds just takes you back all those great girls our Pet, Cilla, Lulu, and Dusty still getting radio play here in the US, most days I listen to Pandora on my phone or the putter
i remember kissing a bird by a factory wall ( millers ):grinning: . i had no roller only a pushbile.

Hi,

Anyone remember Roy Buchanan's Sweet Dreams from the album Buch and the Snake Stretchers.

Always one of my favourite guitarists, - I've just enjoyed it again on UTube

Stay Safe

Kind regards
Dave
That’s too beautiful for words.
lynn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back