• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly to do with Joe Meek, as today is the day he killed himself, 3/2/67. I tried Gerry's one again, but still had no luck.
That's sad Bazz, he had a complicated life didn't he?
Smudge explained Gerry's video, see his post x

The inspiration for “Bird On The Wire” came from Cohen’s time in the ’60s living on the rustic Greek island of Hydra. When he first arrived there, the island didn’t even have electricity, but Cohen soon witnessed the construction of telephone poles in this idyllic place. So there actually were birds on the wire to fire up the songwriter’s imagination, just as there were “drunks in a midnight choir,” since the island was also known for bouts of late-night revelry..... i see now why our maurice moved there:grinning:

The inspiration for “Bird On The Wire” came from Cohen’s time in the ’60s living on the rustic Greek island of Hydra. When he first arrived there, the island didn’t even have electricity, but Cohen soon witnessed the construction of telephone poles in this idyllic place. So there actually were birds on the wire to fire up the songwriter’s imagination, just as there were “drunks in a midnight choir,” since the island was also known for bouts of late-night revelry..... i see now why our maurice moved there:grinning:
Good bit of info there, thanks Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back