• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a thing about McArthur Park and remember the anger of the music industry when the seven minute Richard Harris version came out and like Don MacLean's American Pie (another great 7 minute song) only a segment is ever played on the radio. Ferguson actually produced two CDs with it on, one has the key change segment in the middle played by saxes, the other is guitars. The words really are almost meaningless, but convey the 'hippie' speak of the flower power late 60s period. I have been to McArthur Park. For those with a more modern bent, the Donna Summer (disco) version is well worth a listen. My music taste ranges across the whole spectrum from the forties/fifties balladeers, thro' the birth of rock and roll and all those 'I see the moon, the moon sees me' type songs to the great rock and roll and country music, but my favourites remain the maverick records - Rodrigo's Aranjuez guitar concerto played by Jim Hall or contraverselly by Miles Davis, but I also have a great love of the classics. Watch this space now I have done it once, I could do it again. Note I only say could.

Bob
still wondering why anyone leaves someones cake out in the rain.:grinning:

strange how we remember what we were doing when certain songs came out...this one is easy for me it was the year i started my first job...happy days

I don't think there's anything like music for bringing a certain time back, very evocative...Can have me smiling or crying the minute I hear a certain song...
Lynn

lynn in these troubled times there is no harm in having a laugh...my last one tonight...this is MY man...seen him more times than i have had hot dinners lol...soon as he starts singing this one we are out of our seats and dancing in the aisles... :D :D :D

lynn in these troubled times there is no harm in having a laugh...my last one tonight...this is MY man...seen him more times than i have had hot dinners lol...soon as he starts singing this one we are out of our seats and dancing in the aisles... :D :D :D

Lovely to hear that and we definitely need to laugh atm Lyn... just one thing though...can I share him? :blush:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back