• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="mw0njm.,

RIP sean connery .AKA 007

Hi Pete,

The famous picture of Sean Connery posing with a Walther air pistol
as no real or replica pistols were available at the photoshoot.

Kind regards
Dave

mw0njm. said:
149966[/ATTACH]
yer i had one

James Bond’s Walther LP53 gun, used by Sean Connery in publicity shots for From Russia With Love and the N70CF Acrostar BD-5J Micro Jet used in the opening sequence of Octopussy will go up for auction at the Profiles in History Hollywood auction on July 29th, 2013.
Walther LP53 on auction James Bond

The Walther air pistol, model LP53, serial number 054159, was first used by Sean Connery for the promotion of his second “James Bond” film, From Russia with love

Last edited:
Possibly Birmingham's most successful singer or songwriter and one of her best songs.
Pity there's no video attached to the sound recording.

An edition from the thirties of a song from this genre of American music. This is not my favourite recording, if you like the tune there are better versions, but you do get to see the man!

Thomas “Fats” Waller - Your feet’s too big.

I don’t know much about him except to have listened to his music for many years. This video looks very “camp” to me, was it his character, or part of his act, do you think?

Last edited:
He's
An edition from the thirties of a song from this genre of American music. This is not my favourite recording, if you like the tune there are better versions, but you do get to see the man!

Thomas “Fats” Waller - Your feet’s too big.

I don’t know much about him except to have listened to his music for many years. This video looks very “camp” to me, was it his character, or part of his act, do you think?

He's the same in this too....must have been part of his act ! Great voice though...

Lynn.

John,

Fats was far from being gay, and he married twice having one child with the first wife and two children with the second wife. Unfortunately he was only 39 years old when he died from pneumonia. One of his great grandsons is a professional footballer. Two other things worth noting. One of his first recordings was called Birmingham Blues, though it referred to the Alabama city of that name. Also he wrote and published a total of over 400 songs. He was also an organist and said that whilst the piano was his stomach, the organ was his heart. Here's a sample from the Trinity Church Pipe Organ, Camden, New Jersey in 1927:-

Maurice :)

Thank you for that, Maurice. I’m basically a 5/16 Whitworth sort of a bloke, so the ways of the artist are a bit beyond my understanding, which doesn’t stop me from liking the music they play. We haven’t got to my favourite Waller track, but I’ll leave it a bit, trying not to miss the milkman in the interim.

Whatever you say about Frank Sinatra, his phrasing was some of the best in the business, and he always used some of the finest arrangers - Nelson Riddle, Billy May, etc.

Maurice :)
our Maurice
he was very good friends with jimmy duranty...he was the only one to push him about and get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back