• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Good Intentions.

robert

master brummie
During 1941 my mother had the forsight to move her 2 young sons from Cregoe st Lee Bank during the heavy bombing to the safety of, wait for it,
TYSELEY. Bless her.

Robert,

My mom followed more or less the same route. She was in Cregoe Street, until she married in 1940. After marrying dad, she stayed with his mom on the Warwick Rd. Greet, until they were bombed out!

Ann

Robert I was a post was baby but during the war my parents and my dad's family move to Kidderminster where they rented a house. We only visited the road where they stayed a couple of years ago in Who Brook. Jean.

Back