• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

goldingay family

Hi Jel,

My wife and I were talking about tall people today, and Alan came up in the conversation.
Bearing in mind that it is at least 43 years since I last saw him, and 6 1/2 years since my posting to this thread,
you could have knocked me over with a feather when the first thing I saw when I opened my eMail tonight
was the alert to your posting.
I remember Alan as a really nice chap, and I am sorry to hear of his untimely departure.

Kind regards
Dave
Glad you saw the post. Yes, although I had no further contact after we parted, (50 years ago) cannot believe where time has gone, it was still a shock to see he passed in 2007. Cheers, all the best.

Hi Jel,

My wife and I were talking about tall people today, and Alan came up in the conversation.
Bearing in mind that it is at least 43 years since I last saw him, and 6 1/2 years since my posting to this thread,
you could have knocked me over with a feather when the first thing I saw when I opened my eMail tonight
was the alert to your posting.
I remember Alan as a really nice chap, and I am sorry to hear of his untimely departure.

Kind regards
Dave
Hi Dave are you David goldingay went to school with Stephen cherry

Hi,

No sorry I'm not that David.
I worked at R Whites in Western Road from 1966 - 73, and Alan was a salesman during that time

Kind regards
Dave
Ahh didn’t think so but worth a try. Thanks for advising I have family in Canada. I just lovenit there

My great grandfather Walter Starkey lived with Charles and Mary Goldengay and family in 1871. He was a Nurse Child, age 2. They lived in Kingsbury Road Aston.

Used to go to school with a lad named Goldingay till1955 At Lea Village.We lived in Glebe Farm by Howden Place.He lived in Bushbury RD

Last edited:
Jaqueline would be my age or maybe a year younger. She was going steady at school, so ‘off limits’ and I don’t know her history at all. She would have lost her name on marriage, but *if* she had a much younger brother then the timescales would allow him to be your son’s fiancée’s dad. Very tenuous link, but would be easy to check this one. Best wishes to them both in any case. Cheers Andrew.

Jacqueline A Goldingay (b1951) appears to have had an elder brother, John G (b1940) but there are at least 6 other John Goldingays born between 1940 & 1970.

Back