• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Golden Cross, Erdington.

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has elderly family members who remember my Grandparents who ran the Golden Cross around 1939. They were Joseph (Joe) Page and his wife Sarah (sometimes called Grace.) Not sure how long they were there for i'm afraid.
Hi Sue, I think I remember you when I was a little boy, I may have met you since but cant remember. Your mum Ivy and my mum Margaret were best friends from the days when they worked in Lewis's in Birmingham until sadly they are no longer with us. I believe my mum visited your grandparents at The Golden Cross and from memory may have stayed there with Ivy. So if you remember Margaret, which I think you could do from Sutton Coldfield, you will remember she has two children Christine and Michael, I am Michael.

Attachments

• 2000s_Mum+Peter+Ivy+Hilder.jpg
    2000s_Mum+Peter+Ivy+Hilder.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 1940s_Mum+Ivy Rhyl.jpg
    1940s_Mum+Ivy Rhyl.jpg
    889.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 1930s_Ivy Page.jpg
    1930s_Ivy Page.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Ivy Page+her gran_2.jpg
    Ivy Page+her gran_2.jpg