• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Goffe & sons Mineral Water

Here is a goffes advert I have.

goffesad1886_zpsef05ce11.jpg

Many Thanks.

Here is another Goffe's bottle - an example of the round-bottomed cylinder depicted in Goffe's trademark. It is the bottle at the top of the picture and has the following information embossed on it: "GOFFE/ BIRM'M/ GENUINE/ SODA WATER". I dug this up in Kent (!) amid rubbish from the 1860s/ 70sMarshbrook P.O. 082.jpg

Sheila Mary Goffe-Styles from Australia is 88 this November and still thankful to all on this forum that helped with info on the Goffe family,still did not ever find where her dad is buried in Erdington or handsworth but she still happy and still as independent as ever ,....Goffe

Hi

my name is Julie I live in the UK and my Great Great Great Grandad was James Goffe of Goffe & Sons Mineral water factory, his eldest son Samuel was my Great Great Grandad and my Great Grandma was Clara (Samuels eldest daughter). I can see that you are related through one of Samuels brothers, I have a little information about the Goffes as I have been researching my ancestors infact I have even discovered James grave in Birmingham I can send you a picture. I have no photos of Goffes apart from my grandad which I will share with you-his name was Robert Bernard-Goffe Doran and of course my mum his daughter who was called Marie. I would appreciate any photos you could send me for my family tree via email. By the way my daughter and 3 grandchildren live in Western Australia, what a small worrld!

Warm regards Julie (Hall) gret great great grandaughter of James and Sarah Goffe
Hi,I have just found a bottle in immaculate condition in our woods at Lea Marston,it's beautiful. Andy Clarke.

Goffe,

I couldn't find anything about the final demise of James Goffe & Sons Ltd, but it seems that the troubles started in 1912 (see sale notice below from B'ham Daily Post dated 14 September 1917).
Also of novelty interest two others, one with probably no connection at all concerning William Henry Goffe, clerk of 89 Frederick Road, Aston made bankrupt on 2nd April 1929. The other from the B'ham Daily Post dated 10 July 1874 concerning a dog bite!

Maurice

Attachments

• Goffe_BDP_14September 1917.jpg
    Goffe_BDP_14September 1917.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Gofee_BDP_10 July 1874.jpg
    Gofee_BDP_10 July 1874.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 13
Back