• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

GMail problem

Blacksmith

master brummie
I'm not sure if this is the correct section to put this query, so I apologise if it's in the wrong place.

I keep telling people how good this forum is and that they should join, but one of them has got back to me to say that he can't join with his GMail account. Are people who only use GMail blocked from joining please?

Many thanks

I use gmail on this forum.

I must admit though I did use a different email when I joined and then at a later date updated this site to use my gmail address.

Note there is also a "Computer help" forum under this Advice one, but I think this one is just as good.

I am sure someone from the admin team will get back to you.

We are having a lot of problems from spammers and hackers at the moment and quite a lot use Gmail, so the robot picks them out as possible offenders.:shifty:
If you tell your friends that when applying for membership, there is a question which asks if someone has referred them, if they put the name of the referrer then all should be well.:thumbsup:
Hope I have made that clear for everyone.:shocked:

It's April's Fool Day. Love it or hate it, Gmail is ten years old today.
It was first made available for public use on 1st April 2004 .... :anonymous:

Back