• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Glenthorne

jayjay

I left Birmingham (Erdington) in 1988 to join the Army and have not been back to Erdington since.

My mum used to work at what was a youth prison? called Glenthorne Youth Treatment Centre on the Kingsbury Road (Opposite Rookery Park).
We lived on the estate next to Glenthorne (Glenthorne Way).

My garden used to almost back on the garden of the Lad in the Lane pub, so I remember sneaking under the fence and playing on the swings in the pubs garden.

I was wondering if the place still exists and if anyone has any current or old photographs of Glenthorne.

I left Birmingham (Erdington) in 1988 to join the Army and have not been back to Erdington since.

My mum used to work at what was a youth prison? called Glenthorne Youth Treatment Centre on the Kingsbury Road (Opposite Rookery Park).
We lived on the estate next to Glenthorne (Glenthorne Way).

My garden used to almost back on the garden of the Lad in the Lane pub, so I remember sneaking under the fence and playing on the swings in the pubs garden.

I was wondering if the place still exists and if anyone has any current or old photographs of Glenthorne.

It was closed for a few years. Now opened as Ardenleigh centre.
no photos, sorry, but here is a link-
https://www.nhs.uk/servicedirectories/pages/hospital.aspx?id=rxt05

Back