• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

glass bevellers

G

glitterwings

a lot of my family were glass bevellers. they worked for pearce and cutler.
a few years ago i contacted the firm to see if they had any information on workers . but they told me nothing was kept. has anybody any knowledge of the firm in the late 1800s to early 1900s please.both my grandparents worked there as did my great grandfather and two of my great aunts.
thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
a lot of my family were glass bevellers. they worked for pearce and cutler.
a few years ago i contacted the firm to see if they had any information on workers . but they told me nothing was kept. has anybody any knowledge of the firm in the late 1800s to early 1900s please.both my grandparents worked there as did my great grandfather and two of my great aunts.
thank you

Pearce and Cutler were at the top of the street where I lived, so they went around the corner of Moreton St and Pope St, which was just off Icknield St. Sadly I didn't know anyone who worked there. So not much help to you I'm afraid.:(

Hi my family worked at Pearce and cutlets ( including me). We worked both at pope street and electric avenue in Aston

Back