• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Girl's Army

W

Wendy

Partridge_Girls.jpg
Here is a great photo of my husbands aunts all born in Ashted Row.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack Caldecott

Jack_Caldecott_1.jpg
This is my uncle Jack who served in the Air Force catering from 1939 to 1945.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful Pics I'm sure you are proud of them and why not:lol:

Here is a great photo of my husbands aunts all born in Ashted Row.

My God!

The lady second from the left is my Grandmother, Dorothy Hazel (Born Prescott). The lady last on the right is my Great Aunt, her sister, Edna...

That photo is on my parent's sideboard.

Wendy, I guess we are related!

The funny thing is I was thinking of scanning and then posting that exact photo in this forum only a few moments ago. Pre-cognition perhaps.

Wendy, great photos and what an amazing coincidence for you and Buckley!

Graham.

My Mum has just explained the photo. My Nan and Great Aunt are cousins of the two ladies in the photo. So I'm related to Wendy's husband...

What a small world we live in.

My Brother Albert (Bert) RIP, Burma 1943: Hand coloured by his Brother-in-Law Arthur RIP. Len.

My Mum has just explained the photo. My Nan and Great Aunt are cousins of the two ladies in the photo. So I'm related to Wendy's husband...

Hi Buckley. I have sent my sisiter in law an email to ask if she can name the girls. As far as I know they were my father in law Alfred Partridges sisters.

Thanks Chris, It had lost some of its light but its lasted well after being coloured with water based colours and being 65yrs old. Len.

Hi everyone.
Does any one have any ralitives in the wrafs
The womens Royal Air Force.

Warm Cheers FF

I

Buckley I have just spoken to my sister in law and she says the lady first on the left is Minnie Partridge and second from the end is Elsie Partridge. So I may have been miss informed, the other two girls may have been friends as she doesn't apear to know their names. I still find it wonderful that there is a connection. Elsie died young in her 20's and is buried in a family plot at Witton.

Back