• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Gilbert Family - Fruiterers

B

Boaman

Could you please see if there is any record of a Thomas A Gilbert or Charles Albert Gilbert who were listed on the 1881 & 1891 Census Records as Farmer & Fruiterer

On the 1881 Census Thomas is Head & Charles Son, living at 398 Nechells park Rd - I'm not sure if this is a house, shop or both

On the 1891 Census Charles is listed as Head and the address appears to be Sedsam Street Back of No 62 Fruit Shop

Thanks

Glyn

Hi John

Thanks for that - I was just coming back to update this message - although I guess it really should be on a different dated thread... I have just re-checked the 1901 Census and Thomas is still at Nechells Park Rd - Infact he seems to have expanded as it is listed as 398 & 399 Nechells Park Rd - he is also listed now as a Fish Merchant.

I guess the other address must be an additional shop that his son is running.

Back