• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Gibbs Ladywood publican research

Welshnwobbly

proper brummie kid
22/05/19

Hi,

My paternal great/great grandfather William Henry Gibbs was first a chandelier/lamp maker then a publican in Ladywood, Birmingham, living with his family in 1871 at Bishopsgate Street Court, then in 1881 Court 4 House, Betholem Row, then in 1891 Stoke Street. He became landlord of the Board Vaults, Ladywood, in 1912, according to Kelly’s Directory and I believed he ran the Gardeners Arms.
I recently discovered that his second born child, Lucy, died aged just five in 1873.
I am coming to the Genealogy Show at the NEC in Brum on June 6 and will be free on Thursday and Friday 7 June (I’m going to the show on Saturday) and intend to try to trace any memorials, burial places, and actually visit the area where he and his family were living (though I suspect that it is totally different now).
I gained valuable help on the Birmingham family history forum in the past and wonder if anyone can help me by signposting me to any resources or council offices etc. I’m keen to met anyone who can show me around the area and help me to find any cemeteries etc. I can meet them any time on Thursday, June 6 from 1pm and all day Friday June 7.

Garry

Last edited by a moderator:
hi could i advise that you remove the address from the top of your post as you are leaving your private details on open forum and suggest that if anyone can help with a view to meeting up that they contact you via our private message system....good luck with your research

lyn

Back