• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Gibbins Family

S

SaraC

Seeking information for the Gibbins Family
George b1836 in Lancashire marries Mary McGann b 1845 in Ireland, they have seven children and in the 1881 census they lived at 2Bk 57 Kelynge St, Aston
There children where - Henry 1864, Benjamin 1870, Ellen 1872, George 1873, Mary Ann 1877, Michael 1880, Sarah 1992. Georges brother Harry 1865 also lives with them.
In the 1891 census Mary is head of the household with Benjamin, George, Mary and Sarah still at home, but record of Michael who would have been eleven years old at that time or husband George. The 1901 census reveals that George is an inmate in Aston Union Workhouse age 64.
Their daughter Ellen is my great grandmother who married Arthur Fisher (see posting for Fisher family)
Any related information welcome - Sara

Hello you will have this information I presume!!

1901 RG13/2865 folio 104 page 29 Aston St Oswald Warwickshire

Arthur Fisher age 36 All born Birmingham
Ellen Fisher age 30
George H son age 13
Arthur son age 11
Mary A dau age 8
Ellen dau age 5
Lucy dau age 3
Thomas son age 3 months
Michael Gibbins wifes brother married age 24 lab in brick yard born Birmingham
Jane Gibbins wife age 23 Bilston
Sarah Gibbins dau age 10 weeks Birmingham

Pam

Have not found Michael 1891 as yet

1899 Michael thomas Gibbins married Jane Bennett dec quarter Aston Warwickshire 6d 563

Sarah Ann Gibbins Aston Warwickshire 1901 March quarter 6d 273

Pam

Thanks for this info Pam, I also have Leadbeater relations in my tree!

Hello Sarah

My grandmother was Alice Louise Oakley nee Leadbeater her father Thomas Ferdinand

Pam

Hi Pam,
Michael Gibbins b1880 m Jane Bennet and daughter Sarah where living with my greatgrandmother Ellen (Michaels sister) in the 1901 Census. 1891 Census Michael seems to be missing from the family home although only 11 years - maybe he was staying elsewhere?

Back