• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Ghost signs of Birmingham

Thought I would leave this here for interest. I spotted this ghost sign whilst travelling down Pershore Road at the weekend. It's aged well!
C Carthew - Ladies & Gents Tailor - ghost sign - on the corner of Pershore Road and Twyning Road.

Attachments

• C Carthew - tailor - ghost sign.JPG
    C Carthew - tailor - ghost sign.JPG
    372.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Twynings Road sign (off Pershore Road).JPG
    Twynings Road sign (off Pershore Road).JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 24
Many thanks Andy. A great example ! Love the 3D lettering of Ladies & Gents. Must have been covered over in the past. It’s nice and crisp still. Shall move your post to the Ghost Signs thread.

Viv.
Edit. Post #1228 now moved to this thread.

Many thanks Andy. A great example ! Love the 3D lettering of Ladies & Gents. Must have been covered over in the past. It’s nice and crisp still. Shall move your post to the Ghost Signs thread.

Viv.
Edit. Post #1228 now moved to this thread.
Thanks Viv, I had a look for a ghost sign thread to see if I could put it straight in there myself. But still learning how to maneuvre around the site, so any help appreciated! thank you !
Andrea.

Yes much better Janice. Andy’s photo gives the full 3D effect of the lettering. It shows it’s better preserved than I imagined from #1163. Nice addition. Viv.

Back