• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Get well Tony Iommi

Simon4130

master brummie
Black Sabbath have released a statement today in which they revealed that Tony Iommi their legendary guitarist and inventor of the heavy metal riff has been diagnosed with lymphoma and is discussing treatment with doctors. Although caught in it's early stages this is a serious illness and we are all asked to send our "good vibes" to Tony to help him get back to health. The band will continue working on their new album but will move the recording sessions from Los Angeles to London. It is not know how much affect this will have on their forthcoming world tour. Tony is both a music and a Birmingham legend and I wish him a speedy return to full health. Keep on rockin' Tony.......

Simon

i am very saddend to hear of tonys illness it was only the other day i seen a picture of tony in an article with ossie wife and then i thought tony what as happend
he looked ill as i knew tony and the boys many many years from local and his cousin personaly long before they made fame and in his early youth
like wise with ossie we shared an ambulance one he had a broken arm i had a smashed leg when we was kids i got knockeed down out side the astoria
picture house way back in the early fifties we picked up o0ld ossie from his house in lodge rd witton he sat with his mom in the back of the ambulance and i was always on the stretcher as i could not stand or walk but still i will not go abit like i do as you know ; i know tony and afew of our associates from years ago we have lost from variuos illness ; still i am deepened to hear of tonys illness and i wish him gods recovery back to full health tony is a postive person and a fighter ;
get well tony soon ; alan ; astonian

I wish Tony a speedy recovery such awful news. I knew him in the early 70's when he dated my friend Rosalynd. As has been said keep on rocking Tony.

Back